America Rising is seeking a Media Analyst Intern
America Rising Corp is an opposition research and communications firm whose mission is to help its clients defeat Democrats. We do this by providing top-notch opposition research, video tracking, rapid response consulting, and earned media communications through on-demand and subscription-based plans and platforms.
Founded in 2013, America Rising has worked with more than 100 different Republican and conservative organizations and candidates over two election cycles to defeat Hillary Clinton and win races up and down the ballot nationwide.
America Rising’s campaign-style war room monitors print media, local and national television, radio, social media, and event livestreams to bring real-time news developments on campaigns, politicians, and issues to watch. Operating 7 days a week, the war room team analyzes, curates, and distributes news alerts to our clients.
America Rising is seeking a motivated Media Analyst intern who is ready to gain knowledge and experience in a fast-paced, real-world environment. This will be a valuable experience for any student pursuing a career in politics, public affairs, and public relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor national and local media
- Compile news compendiums for issue-cased campaigns/clients
- Produce social media and blog content
- Report on tracking footage
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Government/Political Science or related major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Practical experience with varied political and opposition activities
- Learn basics of campaign-style opposition research
- Become familiar with media cycles, political and policy issues
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished opposition research and communications professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and copy of transcript via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Media Analyst Internship.”
Notice to all Applicants:
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within (3) days of hire.
Final candidate is subject to a background check prior to the final selection process.